* SQLAgent service should run under same domain account, which has local admin privilege and “Log in as a service” permission. This requires on both the server. In case, if SQL Server is not part of any Domain. We can use the user account which has identical name and password at servers i.e. ReplUser on SRVA with password ReplUser! and identically ReplUser on SRVB with password ReplUser!
* User account that is used to run the SQLAgent services have to have sysadmin privilege on both server, and it should be added in to db_owner fixed db role for database which is being replicated/replicating.
* Should include all the tables which are referenced, this will help to keep data consistency.
* If there are text/image column we need to update those column explicitly Updatetext statement. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa260658(SQL.80).aspx
* Try to avoid using Identity column as PK but if it is already implemented modify the property of Identity column as ‘Not for Replication’.
* Define both server (Publisher and Subscriber) as remote server at each other.
* Allocate adequate space for distribution, subscription and publication db.
* Avoid using Identity column as PK but if it is already implemented modify the property of Identity column as ‘Not for Replication’.
* Rowguid column is must, which also can be added at the time of configuring Merge replication.
* sp_dropmergearticle can be used to drop article from publication.
* sp_addmergearticle can be used to add article to publication.
Below are some links that will be usefull for replication troubleshooting, they are:
Troubleshooting Merge Replication http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315521 and
Managing Identity values in Replication environment http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa237098(SQL.80).aspx
Violation of Primary Key (PK) Constraint http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813494
Merge agent incorrectly deletes rows after PK violation error
Adding and Droping an article in existing publication http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152493.aspx
Working with BLOB data in Replciation http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151206.aspx