Dear Readers, I have a great news to share with you all!!
A much awaited future version of SQL Server is announced - "Denali". This version has some new salient features like:
- SQL Server AlwaysOn - A new feature that will provide maximum uptime with simplify HA deployment, this feature will also supports new availability group option to improve availability of mission critical databases by supporting multiple secondary servers.
- Column-Based Query Accelerator - Increase query performance by ~10x
- IT Administration - Enhancements in server roles to manage separation of duties, and auditing will be available for all the editions.
- Beyond Relational - FileTable, 2D Spatial support
- Juneau - A tool for Developers : Developers can easily work using new tool "Juneau", this will help developers to developing databases, BI and web solutions. It also provides environment for Declarative Database Definition, Dynamically Editing Existing Database
- BI Enhancement: Drag and Drop interface
- Analytic Enhancement: Analytics performance can be enhanced from the desktop to data center through in-memory column store technology
- Data Integration Management: Denali introduces two component - Data Quality Services for knowledge driven data cleansing and Impact Analysis and lineage which will ensure that the right data is delivered to the right users and the right time.